Saturday, December 21, 2013

That's how you know it's good

This past week was "finals week" here at CSU.

Nearly every evening when I returned back to my apartment, I was hoping for a package.  Eventually, I tracked down my early Christmas present from Every Man Jack!



Each kit came with a travel case.  The packaging is very sharp.

I've been trying out all of their goodies the past couple days.  Two of my favorite products are the citrus scrub body wash and the signature mint face lotion.
Your new savior in the pool

Other triathletes (and swimmers) can attest to the fact that there are some months of the year when you spend a lot more time in the water.  Hopefully one result of this is getting faster!  Dry skin, however, is often another result.  Has anyone else ever had the experience when after getting out of the pool, you smile because you're pleased with your effort, and your face feels like it's about to crack?  The face lotion from Every Man Jack can more than help with that.  The lotion contains aloe and vitamin E, is not greasy, and smells refreshing.  That's how you know it's good! If you're in the pool a lot, make sure to carry Every Man Jack face lotion in your swim bag!

Other than swimming, I've also been cooking some delicious food!

The CSU Triathlon Team gets together after every Thanksgiving to do it all over again.  I cooked a turkey this year. I had never cooked one before and was pleased with how it turned out.  Except for some dark meat, it was all gone.  That's how you know it's good.

It is crucial to try and keep your turkey moist.  To do this, I emptied a can of chicken broth in the bottom of the roasting dish  and covered the bird with a foil tent.  Other than that, a simple spice rub and some fresh rosemary in the cavity.

Turkey for Thanksgiving round 2

During finals this past week, I made chicken enchilada stew in the crock pot.
Chicken enchilada stew
One of the meals I love to have when I'm back in Minnesota is grilled beer can chicken.  I followed a recipe to recreate the meal in the crock pot and it turned out awesome.  Beer, bay leaves, paprika, onion, salt, and pepper...I used in-bone chicken breasts for a little more flavor.

Before
After.  Man I wish pictures could capture smell!

After slow-cooking for 5-6 hrs, the meat fell right off the bone when I went to pick the chicken up.  That's how you know it's good!

Some roasted brussel sprouts and mushrooms to go along

I had a friend over to help me eat all the chicken.  He brought some awesome dishes from Whole Foods including butternut squash and yams with citrus.  

The final plate

 Overall, a pretty good meal.

Thanks for reading and happy holidays.






No comments:

Post a Comment