Monday, January 19, 2015

Training Camp and Turning 23

With the spring 2015 semester starting tomorrow, I would look back on the past couple weeks of winter break and recap, mostly in pictures, some of the fun things that have happened.

I returned to Fort Collins in time to celebrate new years. 
A group of us planned out a big swim. I ended up getting in 100 x 100s.  We did the first 70 or so on 1:30 then incorporated some drills and pull to spice it up.

I've been putting my Stages Power Meter to use. I'm really liking it.  After my knee started feeling better, I had about 1 week of biking indoors to try and get ready for the massive volume of training camp.  I've been using Trainerroad.com and the training plan from MP Multisport for my workouts.  

One of the workouts from trainerroad.
Some trainers that measure power, computrainer and wahoo, force you to no matter what pedal the assigned power for the workout. There is much more variation because I'm using a traditional trainer with a Stages power meter but I like this system because it requires me to focus and constantly evaluate how much I'm working.

January 7th, 30 people from the CSU Tri Team headed down to training camp in Tucson, AZ.  We had 4 FULL days of workouts and a "flex" day.  It was fantastic getting to ride with some killer riders and do one of my favorite climbs, Mt. Lemmon.






Dinner: Chicken marinated overnight with spicy mustard, soy sauce and onions




Ski valley on Mt. Lemmon
My brother was also at the camp with the team from Arizona State. I really enjoyed running and cruising down Mt. Lemmon with him.
Mantell boys at Ski Valley
Lemmon was a pretty epic day for me, 113 miles and over 10,000 ft of elevation gain
A couple days after returning to Colorado, I turned 23. Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday.  Geneva and I celebrated by...

Eating some cake
and climbing the Incline!


Hiking the incline with Geneva was a blast.  We cruised up and took the scenic way down, almost falling every 10 seconds because of snow and ice.


The next couple weeks I'll be trying to get into a routine again with school and working to add speed back in to workouts.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment